Welcome to the new website of the South Morningside Primary School Parent Council. We have set up this website to enable better communication with parents, which is a fundamental part of achieving the objectives below: Parent Councils are representative bodies for parents and have the following roles:
- Support the school in its work with pupils
- Represent the views of all parents
- Encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- Report back to all parents in the school
- Play a role in the appointment of headteachers and deputy headteachers
- Support the school and pupils during inspections
Parent Council meetings are open to all parents. The last meeting of the Parent Council was on Monday June 9th 2014. The date of the next meeting will be advertised soon. The site includes records of all Parent Council activities, dates of forthcoming events and links to information about the school. The school has it’s official website at South Morningside Primary School and contains a wealth of information about the school and school activities.