We recommend using SignUpGenius to manage the SMART Start rota for your class (or any other rota organising). Here’s a handy guide for getting started!
- Visit www.signupgenius.com and create an account (or log in if you happen to already have an account).
- Click on Create A Sign Up
- Create a group name and description. For example, P2A SmartStart Parent Rota.
- Choose a theme. These are just how your sheets will look, not actual topics for the rota. The “Back and White” theme is an unobtrusive one.
- It’s likely you will want to create a recurring sign up sheet (certainly the case for Smart Start).
- Select a start date, the relevant times, and select the weekdays thatare relevant, e.g. Monday – Thursday every week for the term.
- Add in and end date.
- Add the number of relevant slots. Usually this is two for Smart Start, but you can enter one if that’s all your rota requires.
- # wanted is 2 usually but you can enter 1 in here if your rota only requires one person
- The next tab is settings and this is for your preferences. Fill in appropriately for the information you require and your desired notifications.
- Once you’re happy with the preview, click Submit and Sign Up
If you get stuck, there is an online tutorial on the SignUpGenius website.