At South Morningside Primary School we are lucky to have an active Parent Council (PC) whose role it is to:
- Create an inclusive and welcoming school
- Identify, seek and represent the views of parents and families
- Organise clubs and social events which raise funds and promote links between school, pupils, parents and the wider Morningside community
- Oversee and account for all funds raised
📭 Email updates!
We send a newsletter via email to subscribers several times a year to keep parents informed about what the Parent Council are doing. If you’d like to receive these emails, please sign up below.
📅 2020/21 Meeting Dates
The Parent Council meeting dates for 2020/21 are below. Every meeting takes place between 6.45 – 8.20pm. The meetings are being held on Zoom until further notice
- 14 September 2020
- 12 October 2020
- 23 November 2020
- 18 January 2021
- 8 March 2021
- 26 April 2021
- 14 June 2021
Getting involved in the PC’s activities is a great way to enhance every child’s school experience. It’s also a great way to meet other parents. You can get involved in lots of ways, with or without becoming a formal member of the PC:
- Help at our fundraising events – spend an hour running a stall, the cafe, or selling tokens
- Help out at one of the 16 clubs we run, or even start a new club
- Get involved in a PC sub-group (e.g. fundraising, comms, finance or accommodation)
- Attend our regular PC meetings – you can attend whether you are a PC member or not (dates and other details will be posted above with reminders sent via Facebook and the email list you can sign up to above)
We hold a number of fundraising events throughout the year, including our popular Winter and Summer fairs. In 2018/19 we raised over £13,000 for the school!
You can hear more about what we do and how we do it at our AGM which takes place every September, which all parents are invited to attend. You’ll hear more about that via a Xpressions notification nearer the time. In the meantime, please take a look at our Facebook page at facebook.com/southmorningsidepc.
✉️ Contact Us
If you have any questions about the PC, please email our co-chairs Brendan Paddy and Olly Headey via firstname.lastname@example.org.