At South Morningside Primary School we are lucky to have an active Parent Council (PC) whose role it is to:
- Create an inclusive and welcoming school
- Identify, seek and represent the views of parents and families
- Organise clubs and social events which raise funds and promote links between school, pupils, parents and the wider Morningside community
- Oversee and account for all funds raised
We welcome all parents!
2017/18 Meeting Dates
The Parent Council meeting dates for 2017/18 are as follows. Meetings take place in the main school at 6:45pm.
- AGM – Monday 11th September 2017
- Monday 9th October 2017
- Monday 27th November 2017
- Monday 22nd January 2018
- Monday 5th March 2018
- Monday 7th May 2018
- Monday 4th June 2018
Getting involved in the PC’s activities is a great way to enhance every child’s school experience. It’s also a great way to meet other parents. You can get involved in lots of ways, with or without becoming a formal member of the PC:
- Help at our fundraising events – spend an hour running a stall, the cafe, or selling tokens
- Help out at one of the 16 clubs we run, or even start a new club
- Get involved in a PC sub-group (e.g. playground, comms, finance, accommodation)
- Attend our regular PC meetings – you can attend whether you are a PC member or not (dates are on our Facebook page)
We hold a number of fundraising events throughout the year, including our popular Winter Craft Fair, Summer Fair and family ceilidh. In 2015/16 we raised nearly £17,000 for the school!
You can hear more about what we do and how we do it at our AGM which takes place every September, which all parents are invited to attend. You’ll hear more about that via a ParentPay email nearer the time. In the meantime, please take a look at our Facebook page at facebook.com/southmorningsidepc.
If you have any questions about the PC, please email our chair Brian Sharp via firstname.lastname@example.org.