We currently have a very important role to fill on the Parent Council – Treasurer. Without someone in this role, the Parent Council must fold, so we’re looking for a volunteer to take over the good work our current treasurer has done over the years.
Parent Council Treasurer
Our current treasurer has done a fantastic job but he is standing down. Please consider volunteering! Everyone is welcome, especially new parents.
The work of the treasurer is not particularly time-consuming and you don’t need to be an accountant but it obviously helps if you are good with numbers and know your way around an excel spreadsheet! The main responsibilities are to:
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
- Attend Parent Council meetings, which take place in the evening, six times a year, to report on the accounts and answer any questions about them.
You don’t need to be on the PC to apply, but you will become a member of the PC by taking on the role.
Other ways to help the Parent Council
All parents are welcome at our meetings and we are always happy to talk to anyone interested in joining the council. If you’d like to help with any of the following, please get in touch via email@example.com and we’ll put you in touch with the right people:
- Comms (Social Media, website, IT)